Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My 2 Littles


EM snowboarding

M and I dressed up funny to pick someone up from the airport

Before "EM"'s first week here was over, she managed to get 2 major offenses. A modified sex offense and a drug offense. So, she has been stuck in her room serving "reflection time". She is still trying to find her place in the house and with the other girls. She has her first phone call with her parents tonight and will be begging them to take her out of the program. When they tell her they're not going to she will probably get even more chaotic and maybe try to run. (this is pretty typical of new girls) So please pray for their conversation and EM as she deals with what they say. Also EM just got a new roomate, "T". T is an upper level girl in the program who is relatively mature and really loves the Lord. Pray for her relationship with EM- that she would stand up to her, but also love and have patience with her.

I don't really know how "M" is doing this week, only not that great. She went back into shut down and avoid mode with me last Thursday. This is so hard for my heart. Pray that I would not be upset with her, but just love her anyways.


I just need the Lord to be able to love the Littles in general. Their hurts are so deep, and their walls are so thick and after 5 months I still don't know how to enter into that place very well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. - Psalm 143:8

May you be reminded every morning of the beautiful love that the Lord has for you. You are beautiful Becky, and the God that made you is absolutly crazy about you and is smiling down upon you. He is proud of you and what you are doing to serve Him. You are in my prayers.

Love, Lisa (Ashley's friend)