Saturday, January 5, 2008

Back at it

So, this is only the 4th day the girls have been back, but it feels like much longer than that already. I forgot how exhausting normal life is here! The hours are long, so that it part of it, but even more than that there is just non-stop relational draining. I have more real and intense conversations and see more hurts that people are dealing with in one day here than I think I would in weeks outside of here.

We talked about rest in class this week.
In Jer. 31:25 God says:
"I satisfy the weary ones and refresh everyone who languishes(works to the point of exhaustion)"

And Jesus says in the familiar passage Matt 11:28-30:
"Come to me all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart and you shall find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my load is light."

Jesus, in the place of weariness and exhaustion and bearing burdens may we come to you and allow them to be your burdens. Thank you that you refresh us and provide rest for the soul. Teach us to not strive but entrust all the work to you knowing that your work is already complete. May nothing prevent us from coming to you.

No comments: