Wednesday, January 30, 2008

LeadTime Retreat


Our retreat on Monday and Tuesday was so much fun. It was such a blessing to spend this time away together - we did a lot of playing and eating and resting and worshiping. It was really great. I think more than anything I took away from it a thankfulness for the community God has me in right now. It is really a blessing to get to share life day in and day out with the 7 other girl Bigs (as well as the Littles and staff). There are not a lot of places where you get to do that. I tend to be somewhjat independent and miss out on the things God has to offer me through other people. During my eval last week someone nicely put it that I "rely on God almost to a fault". I don't think its possible to rely on God too much, but I do think we can fail to rely on those he has given us, and I know that I do that. I don't want to. I want to enjoy and glean all I can from this community during the next 7 months.


Julie and Pam wrestling on the ice after our broomball game.

No comments: