Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Mid Year Eval

So, I got to do this fun thing this week where I sat down with my Directors, the intern, and one of the house directors and just got feedback on the strengths they see in me and challenges on areas to grow in. I think its really cool that they do this, and I love all of these people dearly, so I was blessed and encouraged by what they had to share (although a lot of it is a blur). But anyways, I had to fill out my own self evaluation before hand, and I thought that although that is a little personal it might be encouraging or challenging to others.

1) What areas of your life have you experienced the greatest growth in so far this year?
-Accepting and seeking Christ in suffering, rejection, failure, and weakness. Learning to begin embracing these has also been the been the beginning of humility.
-Learning to be hopeful and inviting in relationships with others, asking questions and listening with openness and being more willing to offer parts of my own heart and life
-Growing eyes that see people and Jesus more and tasks less.

2) What has God revealed to you as hindrances to growth?
-Wanting to perform: fear of rejection and failure and so trying to protect myself form or avoid failure and weakness
-Trying to shut off emotion
-My desire to fix or control
-My need to understand and be understood
-Shame
-Lack of confidence and courage
-Independence: not asking others for help
-Forgetting/letting go of parts of my heart
-Lack of discipline in seeking the Lord and being still

3) What areas would you like to experience growth or change in during the spring?
-To love because Christ loves and in the way he loves
-To continue to learn to be ok with just being- with hurting or not understanding- and so live in greater dependence on Christ in those places
-To grow in confidence in Christ and who he's made me

No comments: