Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Transition



Have I mentioned that I love my team of Bigs? I really do. Yesterday we had a fun day of hiking for "Doulos Day" which is a day we'll spend once a month just with the other Bigs and the staff. There are pictures on Facebook becuase one of the counselors here is a big Facebooker.
This afternoon we had a BBQ and scavenger hunt with the Littles.

Tonight was pretty rough. The old Bigs officially left about 2 hours ago. There were a lot of tears, which is a really big deal for these girls. The girls here tonight are all really upset. One of them cut - which happens to be quite the fad around here.
Tomorrow is our first day officially "on coverage". We will pick up the girls who are still on break from the airport and the real fun will begin. The girls who are coming back tomorrow actually have the stronger more vocal personalities and for the most part are the girls who have been here longer and will take the change even harder.

One good thing in the middle of this is that for the first time since Sunday afternoon, "M", my Little talked to me and acknowledged my presence as a human. It wasn't a big conversation, but it was a big step. Hopefully I'll get to talk to her for real soon. Please pray for so much grace these next few days. That the joy of the LORD would be our strength.

No comments: