Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ahh that mountain air




There's just something about the mountains and trees and cool air . It invigorates and excites me. It is good to be in Colorado! What a blast I have had with my family - time together is rare and treasured.
I was thinking about Psalm 23 and our good leading shepherd this morning and being with my family reminded me of what it should look like to follow him. When I'm home, there's this assurance of protection and provision and goodness -this lack of worry and return to almost childlikeness, because I know my parents are taking care of me. Anybody else know that feeling of being home? Praise God that the truth of his goodness as a shepherd and the security and blessing in Him, even amidst the valley of the shadow of death far surpasses the security found in parents or any other earthly relationship. May we follow and dwell always with this good shepherd!
Isaiah 42:16 "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them."
Lead me on Lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I climbed up that exact rock at the Garden of the gods during spring break this year. :)