Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'm here - for real

I don’t even know where to start, I’ve been here for less than 24 hours, but of course have a million things to tell already – I’ll start with 3.

1) I know God has perfectly placed me here, and I am excited about that! When my parents drove out of the parking lot after moving me in yesterday there was a moment of freak out- “This is real now- I’m stuck here, by myself, and I have no idea what I’ve gotten myself into” – Thankfully the moment was brief - and I’m not stuck here, I am perfectly placed here by the one who knows exactly what He’s gotten me into and is holding me and keeping me so that I am totally not alone. (And this is fun - we have a great view of the mountains from here- One that I admired during my walk under the red-pink sun-rising sky this morning.)
2) I have a one roommate, her name is Sarah (see previous post of girls for picture) – she is from California, and I like her. We have a small room with bunkbeds that we miraculously fit all of our stuff in. And, oh yeah, we are the only 2 LeadTime girls (Bigs) that live in the Shelterwood Teens’ (Littles) house. Its right next door to the Bigs house, but I have a feeling it will be very different living over here. We will have a unique opportunity for relationships with them that I’m excited about. Plus, we get our own little bathroom. :o)
3) The current/old LeadTimers (Bigs) and Shelterwood Teens (Littles) are on a trip to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. They will be home Saturday night. Until then it is really just time for the new LeadTimers to get to know each other. Please continue to pray for unity in Christ as we do that. Pray especially for their return Sunday as that will be our first day all together and the day the Littles are paired with us (their new Bigs) and probably a really hard day – as you can imagine, the Littles aren’t fond of change and maybe the first good relationship they ever really trusted is about to leave them.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Psalm 34:1-5
" I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises. I will boast only in the Lord; let all who are helpless take heart. Come, let us tell of the Lord's greatness; let us exalt his name together. I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears. Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces.

I praise Him Becky, because I know that your face will be radiant with joy and you will speak his praises constantly. I love you, girl.