Monday, September 17, 2007

Unity

Please pray for unity for our team. We're starting to deal with division and personality clashes. Praise God that He has made us each as a much needed part of His body- unified by His Spirit, which is much stronger than all our differences. Pray that we would love and consider other before ourselves and be unified Christ amidst difficulty as a testimony before the Littles.

1 Corinthians 12

Something related to this that I am personally asking the Lord for help with is knowing and being ok with the part of the body that he has made me. It is easy to see the way other people are received or their talents and wish I was an "eye" instead of an "ear". But God has arranged the parts of the body, every one, just as he wants and if they were all one part where would the body be? And what God sees as valuable is not what man sees or what produces the most results or is best accepted on earth.

On a walk the other day I noticed the difference between the rugged wild beauty of nature (weeds, bugs, flowers, pretty plants, things that were dead, trees, ugly plants, animals, all mixed together) and the picturesque beauty of the man-made neighborhoods (perfectly cultivated and structured beautiful houses and gardens). How true is this to life? What God sees as beautiful and what man sees as such are so different. I desire to line my heart up with my head in this and walk in confidence in my Lord as the head of the body and the part of the body he has made me to be.

No comments: