Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Morocco and Missions



Monday morning we had a morning of learning about and praying for Morocco. Four LeadTimers from last year's class are headed there on a missions trip until December. We watched part of the movie “Babel” that was filmed there- it just wrenched my heart. I wanted to be there. It reminded me so much of Nepal. The simple, weathered, beautiful, generous people. No entitlement – so different than us and our world. I just love that world- I love those people. I think I cry even more for us and our blindness to them and to life than for them. I don’t know – Monday really opened up a yearning from the depth of my heart – I always know its there, but it hasn’t been opened a whole lot lately. Lord, please do with that what you will. I'm glad we have a big God, sovereign over this big world, with a big heart for all its people.

No comments: