Wednesday, September 12, 2007

M's progress

So, about a week ago, M had an epiphany. She realized that she’s pretty much made no progress here the last 3 months due to the fact that she isn’t being herself. M is definitely the “best” kid here in that she’s never had issues with sex, drinking, drugs, etc. However she still has a lot she needs to work though but instead she’s getting upset over things she isn’t really upset over and dealing with other people’s issues instead of her own. She doesn’t want to do this anymore! Praise the Lord. She’s talked with both her counselor and her parents about it and is now just trying to make the daily changes to walk it out. Thank you so much for your prayers for her. Please pray for power and freedom now that she is really ready to move forward. More than anything that she would know her worth and the depth of the Lord’s love for her.

M and I had a good Big-Little last Friday, we baked together. It was nice to have time together and a chance to ask her real questions because she had been ignoring me again since our one real conversation and doing some things to intentionally hurt me. During our Big-Little,M told me that a lot of the reason she has trouble opening up to me and responding to me in a healthy way is that I remind her a lot of her mother. She wasn’t sure why other than that I was “strict”, but she knew this wasn’t the full extent of why I reminded her of her mom. She and her mother do not have a good relationship. I know from M’s counselor that her mother holds up an “I’m perfect” image and although she hasn’t said it, I’m afraid she may view me this way too. I’ve talked to her about this a little, but please just pray for opportunities for me to be real and broken before her. Also, although it kind of makes things difficult in the immediate, the fact that I remind her of her mother in the long run could be a really good thing. Pray our sovereign God would use this to move mightily and bring healing in their relationship.

No comments: