Thursday, June 7, 2007

Did you know it snows in Denver?




So, as I just moments ago, for the first time, viewed this photo of the property that is soon to be my new home I had a moment of pure shock. I'm a Texas girl, and when I see this picture I think "Oh man that looks cold!" - yes, it looks beautiful, but how am I going to ever go outside to appreciate the beauty without freezing?!? I miss the sun already.

I got to talk the the Assistant Director of LeadTime yesterday to just get aquainted and have some questions answered.

Something new I learned yeserday is that contrary to what I was expecting, due to some new law in Colorado I will not be rooming with the teenagers I work with. I will spend lots of time with them, but at night will retire to a room shared with another LeadTimer. This is really exciting to me. I think it is wise to have a safe place and know this will help increase unity among the LeadTimers too.
Also, the LeadTimers in Colorado in August will be an entire new group, because all of the January admits this year were sent to Missouri. Although this may make the transition a little rough for the Shelterwood teens who remain, it will again be conducive to unity.
Lastly, what all of you want to know.... will you be able to visit me in my new winter wonderland home?? In the words of someone on staff there, "Your friends, family, and supporters are more than welcome to visit at any time during the year and we encourage that so that they can have a better idea of what you're doing." - So start planning your vacations now!

No comments: