Monday, November 26, 2007

Dropping Like Flies

So you may know that out of the total 12 people who have been part of my LeadTime class since August, two (guys) have already left. So, it has kind of become the running joke, when things are hard that we are going to "run" (a term use for when the Littles run away)- If they can run, we can too! Just pack up our stuff and leave :o) But all joking aside, life at Shelterwood is tough, and so it is a very real feeling that people often want out. Thus, before Thanksgiving break, I very seriously looked around the table at everyone in my class and told them that they all had to come back! No one else was allowed to leave! I guess that my admonition didn't work. Today is my last day off- I haven't been back to property yet, but I just got back to civilization, and in my inbox had an e-mail from my classmate Jodi saying that she wouldn't be returning...Man...I love Jodi, I wasn't super close to her, but she was a lot of fun and I know a lot of the Littles really loved her...this is probably what's best for her- I know its what she feels like she's supposed to do right now...I just don't like it. I don't like inconsistency- and to me, commitment that for whatever reason isn't followed through with, is inconsistency....Pray for her as she moves home to work through some things she's been avoiding. Pray for the Littles who have a really hard time with change and "abandonment". Pray for our class as we experience yet another loss to our family...Lord show up in this place once again.

1 comment:

Test said...

We had one guy, Chad, who left before we were there for like two days. He was the running joke all year...Where's Chad? Anyone see Chad?
He left without saying anything!