Sunday, October 21, 2007

First snow in Westminster



I am currently at Caribou- my favorite coffee shop (loved for its free Wi-Fi and proximity to property)and this is the view outside the window. Its snowing! What a fun way to end parent's weekend- the weather has been beautiful the last 2 days and now we get snow. This has been a really special weekend. To see the nervousness and excitement- some blowouts but people moving past them, to get deeper insight into what these kids are coming from. One of my highlights of the weekend was getting to take a few older sisters (college/post college) out to coffee. Just to hear a little of their stories/hearts -I had never really considered how much they were affected by their siblings. Other things I've done this weekend - I went to lunch with M's parents. I was expecting it to be really awkward after eating dinner at their table on Friday night, but it ended up being really good. He is a doctor and she is a nurse and they are both pretty serious and well-put-together, but I really enjoyed spending time with them and getting to know more about them. I survived entertainment night on Saturday night, which I was kind of in charge of. I had my doubts, but it turned out pretty well. I spent a lot of time cooking and cleaning up- we fed 180 people some gourmet meals. This morning we have an on property worship service and family share time. I'm excited to hear ways the Lord has moved in families this weekend. It's been great getting a bigger picture of this ministry, all that it impacts, and what it is really about.

No comments: