Sunday, June 15, 2008

Stealing Jesus

We just started a series at church this morning entitled "Stealing Jesus". The premise of the series is that in our culture we have become so familiar with Jesus that we think we know Him when really we have no idea who He really is. His identity has been stolen, and we just know all these images of him created by the world around us. So, the point of the series is to actually take a look at Jesus' life, what he said about himself, and how he lived in hopes of getting rid of false views of Him and actually getting to know Him.
I'm excited for this study, because I have recently been reading through Luke and John, and making this same observation- that I don't know Jesus in the way I find Him there, and that I don't live like a follower of the Jesus I find there would live.

Lord, continue to challenge my faith- may I come face to face with who you really are and somehow offer that to others in this world.

1 comment:

BHG & Co. said...

sounds like a great study. I immediately thought of those identity theft commercials. You know the ones where one person is talking with another person's voice. It would be funny if they could do a video like that to go with it... though I am not exactly sure how that would work.